Would you like to experience Japanese aizome dyeing?
Would you like to be friendly to the Earth with using Beeswax wrap instead of numerous plastic wraps?
Oh, you have kids? We can have an exiting time together with aizome tie dye Workshop for kids!
Video about WORKSHOPS
How our T-Shirts looks like
How we make the product
AIZOME in Japanese History...
- In 752: the oldest indigo dyeing for Buddha's eye-opening memorial service.
- In the 8th to 14th century: mainly aristocratic clothing and indigo-dyed silk products.
- In the 14th century (Kamakura period): samurai wore it under their armour
- In the 17th century (Edo period)~: used as uniforms for fire fighters.
1. Decide what kind of SHIBORI to use and tie the cloth.
2. Soak the tied fabric in water.
3. Soak in the indigo dye solution for 3 minutes. At this time, gently swim the fabric so that the indigo dye solution penetrates evenly.
4. Oxidation process after taking out from the indigo dyeing liquid, smooth out wrinkles as much as possible for 3 minutes and expose to air.
5. If you want to get a deep indigo color, repeat the process of 3. and 4..
6. After indigo dyeing, go to water with vinegar to prevent discoloration.
7. Rinse with water several times to dry and you're done!
I had so much fun trying out the dye process and waiting to see exactly what it would look like, and a got a gorgeous and healthy pillowcase to boot (because the dye is 100% natural and has antibacterial properties too). It’s the perfect way to spend a couple of hours. I highly recommend it if you’re in the #delft area! So much fun!
Thank you for your workshop and pictures. It was really fun! We also have other friends asking about your workshop. :)
Beeswax wrap workshop was amazing! It was a lot easier to do than I expected. Now I am using my beeswax wrap at home often and I am happy that I could make it by myself. Thanks, Yuki :)
Your WS items will be always with you in life...
No! We have everything for you to enjoy our WS. Please come with the cloths that can get dirty.
Recommended minimum age is 6 years old.
You don't have to be dexterous! You can make a wonderful work than you think
Roughly 200g of fabric, for instance, handkerchiefs, T-shirts, blouses, mufflers, eco bags.
Our WS will take about 2 hours.